Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My birthday gift


I had wanted to go to Kentucky for weeks but there was the picturesque ice storm. Then right after I heard that the road to Mayfield was clear I asked my husband to drive me to 'Backyard Fabrics'. All quilting fabrics are 4 dollars per yard so we get 50% off all year round. The lady who owns the store is friendly! You will just love to chat with her while spend an hour or more selecting your fabrics. This trip to fabric store is my lovely birthday gift (yes..my husband sponsored all of my quilt supplies).

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I also started quilting in September 2008 and I absolutely love it. Come visit my blog, and I look forward to your next entry!

    http://cuttingedgequilt.blogspot.com/

    Cheers,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siwa,
    I'm happy you will share your other quilt tops! I have done one large quilt with machine quilting, one baby quilt with hand quilting (my fingers were really sore because I don't use thimbels) and one small quilt with both. I don't have a good quilting frame, so I think I will mostly do machine quilting. It also goes a lot faster, but it is very awkward to handle a large quilt with a small sewing machine, especially when quilting in the middle! Right now, I am just making quilt tops, because I have to take my machine apart and take the little treads out so that I can do machine quilting in any direction without the fabric being pulled back all the time. So I will quilt 3 or 4 quilts at once - at least, that's the plan...
    Cheers,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete